Experience railcar dining at its finest aboard our First Class Dinner Train
Take in the majestic soaring views of the Royal Gorge while enjoying a fantastic First Class Dinner experience featuring the very best ingredients Colorado has to offer. Ride in style aboard our Vista Dome car or Elegant Dining car where you’ll begin your evening with a complimentary glass of champagne.
The Royal Gorge
Join us aboard our well-appointed full-length Vista Dome or Elegant Dining Car with expansive windows for the ultimate in Royal Gorge sight-seeing.
Your experience begins with a glass of champagne followed by a mixed green salad, French rolls and your choice of entree. Our made-from-scratch First Class Dinner Menu offers Colorado Slow-Roasted Prime Rib, Osso Bucco, Chef’s catch of the Day, Roasted Chicken, Vegetable Napoleon and more. We complete your First Class Lunch experience with our chef’s choice dessert.
Pair your First Class Dinner with your favorite cocktails, microbrews, wines by the glass or by the bottle from the Conductor’s Reserve Wine List featuring outstanding varietals at more realistic prices not found at other fine dining establishments.
At any time during your journey, First Class passengers are invited to wander outside to your dedicated open air observation car to enjoy the 360° scenic vista featuring the rushing Arkansas River, geological formations within the Royal Gorge, and historic sites where the wind carries the echoes of eras gone by.
First Class guests have unfettered access to a private open-air car, allowing for a more serene sight-seeing experience.
Our First Class Dinner Train runs select weekend evenings at 6:30 p.m., when we serve our award-winning three-course dining experience.
Approximately 2.5 hours
- 6:30 PM departures
First Class Three-Course Dinner & Journey through the Royal Gorge
Please note: Pricing may vary when High Season and/or Holiday Pricing applies. Click Book Now to learn more.
First Class Dinner Train in Vista Dome – $199/per person (13 years old and up please)
- Vista Dome includes a private table seating up to four guests per table.
- Includes journey, glass of champagne, mixed greens, French rolls, your choice of entree and our chef’s choice dessert.
- Beverages, fees and gratuity are additional.
- Guarantee private seating for parties of two aboard our Vista Dome First Class Dinner Train for an additional $200. Otherwise, in the tradition of railcar dining, parties of two may be seated with two additional guests.
- Click here for First Class Dinner Menu.
First Class Dinner Train in Elegant Dining Car – $199/per person (13 years old and up please)
- In the tradition of railroad dining, unrelated parties may be seated together.
- Includes journey, glass of champagne, mixed green salad, French rolls, your choice of entree and our chef’s choice dessert.
- Beverages, fees and gratuity additional.
- Dedicated, private open-air car for First Class passengers only
- Seating is limited due to popularity. Thus, in keeping with railroad tradition, parties of two might be combined to sit together at a table of four. When seated with another couple, you and your guest will be seated on the same side of the table. Parties of four will always be seated at the same table.
- Click here for First Class Dinner Menu.
6:30 PM First Class Dinner Train. Please click BOOK NOW for available Dinner Train journeys.
- Available select evenings throughout the year. Check schedules for availability.
Please don’t purchase a ticket with this intention. Remember, really good people are working hard to provide a wonderful trip and dining experience for you. We promise to do our best and thank you in advance for being a gracious guest.
We look forward to sharing our slice of Royal Gorge beauty with you.
For same day booking please call the reservations department at 719-276-4000
Please note that we seat in parties of 4. In the tradition of railroad fine dining, parties of 2 will most likely be seated across from another couple. Most of our guests enjoy meeting fellow rail fans. When seated with another couple, you and your guest will be seated on the same side. Larger groups will be seated in adjacent rows.
Seating is limited and trains sell out quickly, so make your reservations early online or by calling us at: 719-276-4000.
Every effort will be made to accommodate any special dietary or physical needs. For questions about the accessibility of the train, its different classes, or if you would like to be seated with another party, please call the reservations department at 719-276-4000 prior to booking a reservation on our web site.
Wheelchair Accessibility: The train only can accommodate a limited number of wheelchair patrons per each train departure. The Vista Dome is not accessible to wheelchairs. Guests must be able to climb 14 steps themselves in order to sit in the Dome Cars.
Please call Reservations if you have a wheelchair (24″maximum at base), walker, or difficulties climbing stairs. For questions about the accessibility of the train and its different classes, please call prior to booking a reservation on our website. All seating is assigned/reserved and cannot be guaranteed.Please call a representative at 719-276-4000 to book your tickets for the entire party with a wheelchair or movement impaired passenger.
Only licensed, certified service animals are allowed on the train.
The Royal Gorge Route follows restaurant health codes. Only licensed, certified service animals are allowed on the train. Any other animals, including emotional support animals, are not allowed on the train.
Call our Group Sales Line at 719.276.4006 or 719.276.4004 to book the entire car for your special group.