Our Vista Dome cars offer spectacular views of the breathtaking Royal Gorge and the mighty Arkansas River from comfortable booth-style seats for a relaxing trip through Colorado’s most dramatic canyon. When choosing Vista Dome as your class of service, you will have the opportunity to purchase delicious entrees from our 403 grill menu, along with a full-service bar.
The Royal Gorge
Our Vista Domes offer the most spectacular views of the breathtaking Royal Gorge and the mighty Arkansas River. Here, guests are invited to ride and dine in comfortable booth-style seating for a relaxing journey through this meandering canyon. You’ll also have direct access to one of our open-air cars, for an up-close-and-personal experience of the 1,000-foot deep Royal Gorge.
During your trip, fresh, delicious, locally sourced ingredients combine to make our 403 menu (named after our 1950’s locomotive) a favorite for breakfast and lunch aboard Vista Dome. Try one of our many popular appetizers and other favorites like our Basil Chicken Panini, grass-fed Angus & buffalo burgers. For breakfast, breakfast burritos, pancakes, and omelets, along with bottomless locally brewed coffee, are among our most favored options.
Seating is limited due to popularity. Thus, in keeping with railroad tradition, parties of two might be combined to sit together at a table of four. When seated with another couple, you and your guest will be seated on the same side of the table. Parties of four will always be seated at the same table.
If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, complete with a multi-course culinary delight, try our First Class Lunch and Dinner Trains!
Vista Dome Class
Vista Dome Class
Approximately 1 hour & 50 minutes
- 9:00 AM, 12:30 PM, & 3:30 PM Departures
Approximately 2.5 hours
- 6:30 PM Departures
9:00 AM // 3:30 PM // 6:30 PM ($119 adult / $114/child)
12:30 PM (Peak pricing: $134 adult / $129 child )
- Starts at $119 per adult / $114 per child (ages 2-12 / children under 2 who sit on a lap ride free)
- Includes journey. Dining and beverages are additional. No taxes are assessed for tickets or dining aboard the train. A 22% service charge will be added to your dining check during your journey and/or for your pre-ordered meal voucher. No additional gratuity is required.
- Seating is limited due to popularity. The Royal Gorge Route Railroad seats in tables of four. In keeping with railroad tradition, parties of two might be combined to sit together at a table of four. When seated with another couple, you and your guest will be seated on the same side of the table. Parties of four will always be seated at the same table.
Please note: Pricing will vary when High Season and/or Holiday Pricing applies. Click Book Now to learn more.
Order from our 403 Grill Menu when booking your ticket and save!
First Class Lunch or Dinner Train aboard the Vista Dome
- $249/per person (13 years and older please)
- This event includes journey and three-course First Class dining experience plus a glass of sparkling wine. Additional beverages and menu items are available for purchase aboard the train.
- Click here to view our First Class Dinner Train menu.
- Includes private table for up to four guests and access to our First Class open-air car.
- No taxes are assessed for tickets or dining aboard the train. Applicable historic preservation fees and a 22% service charge will be added to your check. No additional gratuity is required.
Dates & times subject to change. Visit BOOK NOW for the most current available journeys!
9:00 & 3:30 PM
- Daily with some exceptions, please click BOOK NOW to see the most current available journeys
- On select evenings throughout the year
Please don’t purchase a ticket with this intention. Remember, really good people are working hard to provide a wonderful trip and dining experience for you. We promise to do our best and thank you in advance for being a gracious guest.
We look forward to sharing our slice of Royal Gorge beauty with you.
For same day booking please call the reservations department at 719-276-4000
Please note that we seat in parties of 4. In the tradition of railroad fine dining, parties of 2 will most likely be seated across from another couple. Most of our guests enjoy meeting fellow rail fans. When seated with another couple, you and your guest will be seated on the same side. Larger groups will be seated in adjacent rows.
Seating is limited and trains sell out quickly, so make your reservations early online or by calling us at: 719-276-4000.
Every effort will be made to accommodate any special dietary or physical needs. For questions about the accessibility of the train, its different classes, or if you would like to be seated with another party, please call the reservations department at 719-276-4000 prior to booking a reservation on our web site.
Wheelchair Accessibility: The train only can accommodate a limited number of wheelchair patrons per each train departure. The Vista Dome is not accessible to wheelchairs. Guests must be able to climb 14 steps themselves in order to sit in the Dome Cars.
Please call Reservations if you have a wheelchair (24″maximum at base), walker, or difficulties climbing stairs. For questions about the accessibility of the train and its different classes, please call prior to booking a reservation on our website. All seating is assigned/reserved and cannot be guaranteed.Please call a representative at 719-276-4000 to book your tickets for the entire party with a wheelchair or movement impaired passenger.
Only licensed, certified service animals are allowed on the train.
The Royal Gorge Route follows restaurant health codes. Only licensed, certified service animals are allowed on the train. Any other animals, including emotional support animals, are not allowed on the train.
Call our Group Sales Line at 719.276.4004 or 719.276.4006 to book the entire car for your special group.